02 February 2005

new kid on the block

i try my hardest to bring my lunch to work, and i usually manage to succeed. today my friend dave was going to treat me to lunch but he has to quarantine himself from the world for a few days because he's picked up conjunctivitis (which i had in sixth grade, forcing me to miss a week of overnight camp). so, i found myself without lunch. food options in the campus area are pretty grim and, like yesterday, i usually stick to the reasonably priced frozen entrees available for purchase at the bookstore. however, the art museum on campus just reopened after four years and new to the building is the Marche Museum Cafe. the museum is next door to the library and it is, in fact, the corner of the building that houses the cafe that is closest to us. i've heard good reviews, so i decided to check it out. i am now dining on a portabello and tomato panini with a field green salad. i couldn't be happier! it is full of tasty goodness (and by "goodness," i mean "cheese"). and it comes with a wee sampling of cornichons and olives, which makes me oh so happy! this is probably the best thing that's happened since i began work here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...you should have told me. I had the exact same thing last week and thought it was the best thing to hit the campus since I started.

Emily

6:03 PM  
Blogger Deepfry said...

well i can tell you that it sure is better than anything you'll find in nyc. you'd better just stay here!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home