18 August 2003

a cat after my own heart

after years stuck in a dinky little apartment in the city, my cat has made the big move out to the suburbs to live with my parents for a year while i'm living in my no-pets apartment in michigan. so, now that he's somewhere with lawns, less traffic, etc., he's ready to be an outdoor cat. this morning i took him out for the first time and what he did fully confirmed that he and i belong together. he walked outside, spotted a particular plant, headed straight over and started to eat it. yes, a cat after my own heart. this after he, last night, managed to remove a cardboard box from a bag, open the box, take out a ziplock bag and chew thru the bag to get to my pork jerky from toronto. i like to see that kind of commitment in a cat. its touching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home