30 March 2009

glove consumption

In a slight deviation from my blog's regularly scheduled theme of things I cook and eat, I wanted to show you one of my dog's favorite treats: ~R's gloves. Last summer when ~R met the Digger for the first time, the dog demonstrated his enthusiasm for his new owner by chewing off the thumb of ~R's Filson gloves. After a few months of debating whether to send them back, ~R decided it was worth a shot and Filson graciously replaced them with a brand new pair, which he received last Wednesday. The next Friday (i.e. two days later), we went out for dinner. When we returned home, we found that Digger had chewed the thumb off the brand new glove. Apparently the thumb is the tastiest part of a wool glove.

Lucky for ~R, before I started law school, I used to knit and I miraculously have retained knowledge of this handy skill. i pulled out the bits of broken yarn, unraveled a few rows and using some leftover sock yarn, picked up stitches and knitted ~R a new thumb. After seven months spent reading textbooks, sitting in class and generally making no real contributions to the world, it felt great to actually produce something, even though it is just 1/2 a thumb. And I am quite proud of my knitting skills after such a long hiatus. So proud that I've included it in my food blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather W. said...

Is it also intended to help him tell his left from his right? Very tidy!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the important question to ask is if digger chewed the left thumb both times or did not care

9:28 PM  
Blogger indi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Nick Baker said...

That last post was not from my sister. Nice work on the knitting!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home