24 March 2009

Signs of Spring

I'm in the final week of spring break and it's been just delightful. i wish i had spring break once a month. there's nothing quite like two weeks without a schedule. i'm trying to get my outlines up-to-date for class, but even that is fairly relaxing . . . just hanging out at home, sitting at the computer with the dog by my side, me drinking massive quantities of licorice mint tea.

at any rate, last week we were blessed with beautiful early spring weather. and what better way to celebrate than by sitting in the backyard, sipping a cold beverage and tossing a ball for the dog. campari is one of those liquors that inspires either love or hate -- I've never known someone to feel so-so about it. i'm definitely on the love end of the spectrum.

on this particular sunny day, ~r made me a drink halfway between a campari & soda and a negroni (campari, gin, vermouth) because we didn't have vermouth at the time (problem now corrected) and because i like a little fizz in my drink. quite delightful! i look forward to many more summer days of the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather W. said...

Talk about bitter! Blech! I'm definitely on the other end of the Campari spectrum. But it sure is pretty.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home