cause for concern? what do you think?
i'm making banana chocolate chip bread. i was cracking the eggs into to the mix. from a dozen Cherry Lane eggs. i went to crack the last of four eggs and it was hard-boiled! to be clear: one of my dozen eggs was hard-boiled. i promise and swear on all that is sacred to me that i definitely did not hard-boil that egg and put it back in the egg carton. it came that way. hard-boiled. what the????
so i threw it out.
but, has anyone ever heard of such a thing? should i be worried? do you think i'll die instantly if i eat the banana bread made with three eggs from the same dozen the hard-boiled one came from?
how did it get hard-boiled?
1. it was, um, REALLY HOT on the trip from farm to store, but only in one square inch of the truck.
2. someone at the grocery store was playing a silly trick.
3. i have some strange condition in which i get up in the middle of the night and hard-boil eggs, then put them in the carton, to forget about it by morning.
4. my neighbor with the spare key was playing a silly trick.
5. the chicken had a serious fever when it laid the egg.