01 April 2005

new life direction

in honor of the approaching spring, i've taken a long look at my life and decided to make some dramatic life changes. because my body is aging and because we are all responsible members of the web of life, i've decided to adopt the following diet:
  • no meat.
  • no dairy.
  • no eggs.
  • no sugar or artificial sweetners. only honey or stevia.
  • no wheat.
  • no m&m's
  • only organic, local foods
in making these changes, i can live with peace in my heart and in my soul, knowing that i am doing my part to prevent the torture and murder of all of the beautiful creatures on this planet. i know, also, that a whole food organic vegan diet will give me a healthy body and a healthy soul.

peace to all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I started getting suspicious when you said no M&Ms.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Guy said...

Hmm, I'm doing the same for a different reason. Gout.
NO asparagus, no artichokes, peanuts, soybeans, tofu, meat, coffee, caffeine, whole wheat, oatmeal, lobster, pate, brown rice, legumes (lentils, pintos, white beans and others), butter, alchohol and many other wonderful things.

Pleah.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Deepfry said...

ooh, that definitely sucks! gout? how awful! my father has gout in his knee--maybe your diet would help him.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Guy said...

Hey Deepfry,

Here are some references I used to figure things out. I ordered the Gout Haters Cookbook II, should have purchased the original one. The original one has some fat in the diet. The second version is STRICT. If it ain't saw dust, you probably can't have it.

Here's some online stuff:

This is the best general information page about gout that I've found:

http://www.podlink.com/pathology/gout.htm

You might want to pay particular attention to the section titled "How Serious Is Gout?" and to the section titled "Ruling Out Other Disorders".

Wellsource has a short section on mean intake and the risk of gout:

http://www.wellsource.com/news/hchoices/mhcissue25.htm#story6

which includes a link to a set of PowerPoint slides on gout prevention:

http://www.wellsource.com/news/powerpnts/Gout_prevention2005.ppt

WebMD has an article on how a commonly-prescribed anti-gout drug seems to
dramatically reduce colon cancer:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/95/103329.htm?printing=true

And Traverse Bay Farms offers two Gout Haters Cookbooks:

http://www.traversebayfarms.com/gouthaters.htm

which you may want to consider.

All good stuff.

Tootles

12:01 PM  
Blogger Deepfry said...

hey dr. biggles, my dad, as it turns out has "pseudo gout." wonder if the same dietary restrictions apply.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home