back from chicago. much to report:
1. newly created chocolate cherry bread pudding with zingerman's bread, bailey's and lots of love. a little creme anglaise and it'd be so good i'd plotz.
2. hanukah dinner: brisket, asparagus, latkes made by me and lrhg. the latkes, if i may say so, were absolutely fantastic and worth smoking out the entire house.
3. good, dependable breakfast burrito at heartland.
4. failed attempt to dine at lula cafe. damn!
5. sushi. and more sushi.
6. chicago-style pizza.
7. taste of heaven cake. sigh. i'm not much of a cake person, but that stuff makes me melt. lrhg, who is a cake person, just about cried. serious.